This is a plan friendly version of a recipe my Mr and I first tried in Mexico a few years ago.
It’s so full of flavour you won’t need any tortilla’s or guacamole!
Remember, you can adjust the heat to suit your tastes if you don’t fancy breathing out flames!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||52 g||peppers, sliced||46 g||onions, chopped||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||6 g||olive oil||149 g||broccoli made into broccoli rice||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||1 tsp||smoked paprika||1 tsp||cayenne pepper||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||0.5||lime, juice only||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||salt and pepper|
- Take a frying pan on put it on a medium heat.
- Add the oil, peppers and onion.
- Stir fry these for a few minutes to soften them before adding the chicken.
- Add a little salt to the pan and turn the heat up slightly as you want to caramelize the onions and the chicken to add flavour.
- After a few minutes add the garlic and chopped chilli and stir through, next add the smoked paprika and cayenne pepper and thoroughly mix again.
- The coated chicken will start to get sticky, this is a good thing!
- When you’re happy the chicken is cooked through take this off the heat and set aside.
- Using a clean non stick pan, warm the broccoli rice through adding 1-2 tablespoons of water if needed and then put on a plate along with the chicken.
- Give the chicken quick squeeze of lime juice, sprinkle the coriander over it, add a dollop of sour cream and finally the cheese.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make broccoli rice!
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!
Find me on: Web