Here’s a reduced carb version of the Italian chicken and potato bake I recently shared.
As you can see it’s easy adaptable and you get cheese!!!
What’s not to love?
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|266 g||chicken breast||95 g||chopped tomatoes||46 g||onions, chopped||6 g||olive oil||66 g||mozzarella, torn into medium pieces||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||spinach||0.5||lemon, juice only||2 tsp||dried oregano||20 ml||water||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Arrange the chicken breast and onion on a baking tray.
- Mix the chopped tomato in a jug with half of the olive oil, sweet chilli sauce, water, 1 tsp of dried oregano and season to taste.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken and sprinkle the remaining dried oregano over the chicken.
- Cover with some foil, this is going to stop the chicken going dry and bake for 20 minutes.
- Then remove the foil, cover the chicken with the mozzarella pieces and bake for a further 5 or so minutes until the cheese is a light golden brown.
- Wilt the spinach and pop it in a bowl with the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and season to taste.
- Pop the chicken on a plate arrange the warm spinach salad beside the chicken.
- Batch cook this recipe and save the extra portion for tomorrow.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Traditionally in Italian cooking you would use the smallest pinch of sugar to take any acidity out of the tomatoes but for this recipe I am using the sweet chilli sauce to do that.