Burgers are great to make in advance and have to hand when you need something quick. There are endless ways in which you can season a burger and there are no rules that state that a burger has to be made exclusively from beef OR that a chicken burger has to be covered in breadcrumbs and deep fried.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|100g||peeled raw king prawns|
|1 tbsp||Waldens Farm thick & spicy bbq sauce|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Take a food processor and blend the chicken breast until it’s roughly chopped.
- Now slice up the mushrooms and onions ready for later.
- Put your chicken breast mince into a bowl, season with salt and pepper before forming into burger patties.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and steam them until they are cooked to your liking and set them to one side.
- In a frying pan dry fry the chicken breast burger and turn after 3 minutes.
- Lightly toast the bagel and set aside.
- Check the burger to see if it’s cooked (it will be firm to the touch when ready) and allow it to rest on a plate while you finish cooking the vegetables.
- Add the olive oil, mushrooms and onion to the same pan and cook them for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the prawns to the pan and when they have turned pink on both sides remove the pan from the heat.
- It’s time to build your burgers!
- Smear the bottom bagel slice with the bbq sauce, place the burger and some of the prawns on top before adding the options and mushrooms and finally the bagel lid.
- Repeat until you’ve used all of your ingredients.
- Serve with your steamed broccoli and any ingredients you couldn’t fit into your bagels.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, Walden Farm sauces may still be used as they don’t contain any calories or add any nutritional value, just flavour.
- For anyone following older BC plans, I have reduced the chicken amount to be able to add some prawns.
- The thicker you make your burger pattie, the longer it will take to cook.