I love Italian sausages and they hold lots of memories for me from my childhood.
My mum used to make these regularly and I would help by adding my little hands to mix the herbs into the meat.
But unfortunately for me my Mr isn’t that keen on fennel but so I came up with this alternative which is packed full of flavours he loves!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|turkey thigh mince
|cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
|reduced fat sour cream
|salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Put the red peppers and oregano in a food processor and chop.
- Add the mince and a little salt and pepper to taste before one final chop.
- Using wet hands form the mince mixture into little sausages before baking them.
- They should take around 20-25 minutes to cook through.
- They’ll be firm to the touch when ready.
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and wilt the spinach.
- Pop this on to your plate along with the chopped tomatoes.
- Mix the whole eggs with the egg whites and the reduced fat sour cream.
- Beat them together and put the spinach pan back onto the heat with the butter.
- When the butter has melted scramble the eggs to your liking and then add them to the plate.
- Finally add the sausages and you’re ready to eat!
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, use lean turkey or chicken breast mince.
- For anyone following older BC plans, make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- Dried oregano will work just as well if you don’t have fresh.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!