There are recipes that evoke memories of mum in the kitchen and this one has been adapted from one that my mum used to make for me.
It’s goes really well with the feta and salad and all that’s missing is a glass of wine!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast||46 g||onions, thinly sliced||95 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||6 g||olive oil||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1 tsp||dried oregano||0.5||lemon, juice only||149 g||spinach||56 g||feta cheese||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||salt and pepper|
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat and wilt the spinach.
- Pop this onto a plate with the onion, tomatoes and crumble the feta over the tomatoes.
- Cut the chicken into smaller fillets.
- Put the pan back on the heat, add the oil and start to cook the chicken. It’s quite thin so it shouldn’t take too long.
- When you turn the chicken over for the first time add the garlic to the pan.
- When you turn the chicken over for the second time sprinkle the oregano over the chicken.
- Cook for a few more minutes before adding the lemon juice to the pan.
- When you’re happy the chicken is cooked (it will be firm to the touch), remove it from the heat, add it to the plate and pour the juices over the feta salad.
- Season to taste and serve the reduced fat sour cream on the side.
- The salad will also work with buffalo mozzarella instead of feta.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!