Pastrami is such an under used deli meat and not just for a sandwich.
Try this meaty snack is a real decadent treat!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|100 g||asparagus spears||50 g||pastrami slices||20 g||parmesan, freshly grated||3 tsp||dijon mustard|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Trim away the woody end of the asparagus leaving only the tender spear.
- Carefully wrap each spear with pastrami.
- Arrange the wrapped spears onto the baking sheet ready for the oven.
- Line another baking sheet with non stick foil and using a fine cheese grater grate the cheese into the baking sheet to form a layer of cheese.
- By using a fine grater you get a lot of flavour without using lots of cheese!
- Bake the spears until they are tender, this should take only 3-4 minutes.
- Bake the parmesan for approximately 5 minutes.
- When you remove the parmesan from the oven it will have melted and as it cools it will harden enough for you to carefully remove it from the tray in little crisps.
- Arrange your spears and crisps onto a plate and don’t forget your mustard for happy dipping!
- I like to use Parmigiano Reggiano for its fuller flavour.
- I used a dijon mustard, but use any of your choosing.