I love bread especially really good fresh bread, but when your chicken is this crispy, you don’t need bread!
After all, a bun-less burger is delicious, and so is this.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast||95 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||80 g||avocado, sliced||6 g||olive oil||0.5||lemon, juice only||43 ml||soy sauce||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||149 g||iceberg lettuce, finely chopped||salt and pepper|
- Cut your chicken breast in half to reduce it’s overall thickness.
- Put the chicken slices into a bowl and marinade it in the soy sauce for 10 minutes – this is going to help form a lovely crust.
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and add the chicken breast.
- Cover the pan with a lid for 5 minutes before turning for the first time.
- As your chicken is cooking arrange your lettuce on the bottom of your plate and set aside.
- Mix the tomatoes, garlic and spring onion with the olive oil and a little seasoning.
- Turn your chicken again and you should see a crust starting to form (you have to be a little brave because you’re probably thinking the pan is too high as it’s colouring the outer but not cooking the inner).
- Cook it on the otherside for another few minutes.
- Continue to cook the chicken until it’s cooked through, it will be firm to the touch when it’s ready.
- When the chicken is cooked, place the bottom on top of your lettuce and top it with the tomato and spring onion mix.
- Arrange the slices of avocado on top of the tomatoes and top with the remaining chicken.
- Give the chicken a squeeze of lemon to lift the flavour and enjoy your breadless sandwich!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, soy sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!