Reduced carb meals should be simple to make and this recipe fits the bill! I remember first having hunters chicken at a lovely pub many years ago. It was cheesy, covered in a tangy BBQ sauce and I can’t believe I’ve waited all this time to make this myself! This lean version is something you’ll have again and again it’s that easy to make!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|39g||cheddar cheese, grated|
|46g||reduced fat sour cream|
|1 tbsp||Waldens Farm thick & spicy bbq sauce|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Preheat your grill to its highest setting and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and put on a medium heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with a little salt and add it to the pan and cover with a lid.
- After a few minutes turn the chicken over and cover with the lid until the chicken is cooked through (it will be firm to the touch when ready).
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on the baking sheet.
- Top the chicken with the BBQ sauce and grated cheddar.
- Place the chicken under the grill for a couple of minutes to melt and colour the cheese.
- Place the frying pan back onto the heat and add the peppers and onion.
- Allow the peppers and onion to soften for a few minutes before adding the spinach to the pan to wilt.
- Give the vegetables a good mix to combine them and remove them from the heat when they are cooked to your liking.
- Add everything to your plate and add a dollop of sour cream, eat!!!
- Adding the salt to the chicken will help the surface to turn crispy in the pan whilst remaining juicy.
- If you feel the pan with the vegetables is a little dry when you add the spinach to wilt, add a tablespoon of water instead of oil as this will help the spinach to wilt.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, Walden Farm sauces may still be used as they don’t contain any calories or add any nutritional value, just flavour.