Adults and children alike can be really fussy about the vegetables they eat, but present them differently and they forget they’re eating vegetables! Top it with crispy baked chicken that looks like it’s been fried and you definitely have them interested and coming back for more!
Ingredients for 4 servings
|300g||butternut squash, cooked|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl with a little seasoning and beat well before adding the panko breadcrumbs to a plate.
- Coat the chicken with egg before lightly coating with breadcrumbs.
- Place a large frying pan onto the heat and add half of the oil. When warm, add some of the chicken being careful not to add too much.
- When the first side has turned a light golden colour, turn it to colour the other side before placing the chicken onto the baking sheet to bake in the oven.
- Repeat until you’ve browned all the chicken.
- Take a large frying pan and add the remaining oil.
- Dice the onion and add it to the pan to soften for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked cauliflower and squash and take a few minutes to break up the pieces with a spatula.
- When the mixture resembles a hash or rough mash, add the mayo and thoroughly mix it in. Taste the hash mixture and add any extra seasoning as necessary.
- Pre-heat your grill to its highest setting.
- Grate the Red Leicester cheese over the top of the hash and finish it off by dotting the Stilton over the top before grilling.
- When the cheese is bubbling and a little crispy remove it from the grill and top it with the baked breaded chicken and proudly take it to the table.
- Feel free to change the cheeses.
- This recipe would work really well with chicken thighs or turkey breast too!
- This is a great recipe to use up any leftover cooked vegetables.