OK I admit it, I’m rather partial to bbq food, I really like my meat ‘pulled’ and I could be quite happy visiting a bbq shack in the heart the US of A.
This was a great excuse to use the Walden Farms Spicy BBQ sauce as recommended by The Body Coach.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast||1||whole pepper, red or yellow||2 tsp||cajun rub||6 g||olive oil||1 tbsp||Walden Farm thick & spicy bbq sauce||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||10 g||fresh chives, snipped||149 g||salad leaves||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Take the chicken breast, massage with olive oil and coat with the cajun spices.
- Pop it on a baking tray and cover with foil – this will help keep the meat moist as it’s going to be twice baked.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes.
- Take your pepper, cut it in half and remove the stalk and seeds.
- Pop this on a baking tray with a little sprinkle of salt and pepper and bake for 5 minutes.
- When the chicken’s cooking time is up, take it out of the oven, cut into chunks and pop it into a bowl.
- Coat the chicken with the bbq sauce and stuff the pepper halves.
- Top the chicken with cheddar and bake for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Arrange the salad on the plate and pop the stuffed peppers on the salad with a dollop of sour cream and the snipped chives.
- For anyone following older BC plans, you’ll notice that this recipe features a double portion of peppers.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, Walden Farm sauces may still be used as they don’t contain any calories or add any nutritional value, just flavour.