I love smoked salmon but some days I just want to pick at something while I’m reading or when the children are particularly lively.
These muffins are quick to make but packed full of flavour!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|154 g||smoked salmon, cut into small chunks||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||95 g||cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters||149 g||spinach||0.5||lemon, juice only||6 g||olive oil||3||whole eggs||3||egg whites||25 g||reduced fat sour cream||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases, take a larger baking sheet and put the muffin tray on top (to catch any spills) and set aside.
- Take a large bowl add the whole eggs along with the egg whites and the reduced fat sour cream.
- Whisk them together for a minute.
- Wilt the spinach and set half aside.
- Arrange the spinach, onion, tomato and smoked salmon into each of the muffin cases.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into each muffin case – this is easier to do when the muffin tray is on the oven tray.
- Be careful not to overfill the muffin cases as the egg will expand during cooking, so my recommendation is to only fill 2/3rds.
- Carefully push the muffin tray into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the egg has set.
- While the eggs are cooking, dress the remaining spinach with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste.
- When the muffins are ready take them out of the oven to cool, but I bet you’ll try one piping hot!!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, Smoked salmon is a swap for salmon fillet. Simply increase your salmon fillet amount by 30% to determine the appropriate Smoked salmon amount.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!
- Keep costs down by using smoked salmon trimmings, they’re a fraction of the cost of a packet of regular smoked salmon.