Reduced carb breakfasts are a little tricky as you don’t always want granola or smoked salmon.
This dish is quick to prepare especially if you prep like a boss, ideal to have on the go and is full of flavour.
And the twist? Well the wrap is made only from egg!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|176 g||extra lean beef mince||0.5||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||3||whole eggs||3||egg whites||1/2 tsp||ground cumin||1 tsp||cayenne pepper||1 tsp||smoked paprika||6 g||olive oil||95 g||tomato, fresh, chopped into small pieces||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||149 g||spinach||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||0.5||lime, juice only||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||4||pickled jalepeno slices||salt and pepper|
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat along with half of the oil.
- Whisk the whole eggs with the egg whites and pour into the frying pan to make a large pancake. Gently cook the egg so that you can see the egg has set, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Please note that just using 1 whole egg and 1 egg white I have made an egg wrap using a pan with a 22cm diameter
- Using the same pan, put it back on the heat, add the remaining oil and mince.
- Normally the instruction would be to brown the mince, but in this case I really mean brown the meat so that it almost has a little crust, a bit like when you cook steak. This is going to take a few minutes and you may need quite a high heat to achieve this.
- When the mince is browned add the garlic, cumin, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Give everything a really good mix and then season to taste.
- Add the spinach to the pan to wilt, stir in the chopped coriander along with the lime juice and take the mince mixture off the heat.
- It’s time to build the burrito.
- Take the egg wrap and down the cente arrange the mince and spinach mixture.
- Sprinke the chopped fresh tomatoes and spring onions on top, then arrange the jalepeno slices on top and finally add dollops of reduced fat sour cream.
- Now take 2 pieces of foil and lay these side by side. Fold the sides of the burrito to hug the mince and take a large knife and cut it in half.
- If the burritos are for later then completely wrap each half, then when you come to eat them, partially unwrap one end so that you don’t lose any of your lovely mince.
- If they’re to be eaten straight away, just wrap the foil around the bottom of the burrito and dig in!!!!
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- The pickled jalapeno slices I use contain no added sugar.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make egg wraps!
- Please note that just using 1 whole egg and 1 egg white I have made an egg wrap using a pan with a 22cm diameter.
Find me on: Web