There are so many toppings for a bruschetta it’s hard to know which to have first.
I’ve decided to go against tradition for this one and I’ve gone for a combination of ingredients which are a feast for the eyes as well as your tummy!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||2||slices of bread||95 g||cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters||52 g||peppers, cut into strips||10 g||fresh basil leaves||6 g||olive oil||0.5||chicken stock cube||1||garlic clove||149 g||salad leaves||200 ml||boiling water||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||salt and pepper|
- Take a small sauce or frying pan with a lid, add enough water to cover the chicken breast and dissolve the stock cube.
- When dissolved, add the chicken breast and gently poach until cooked.
- The chicken will be cooked when it’s firm to the touch.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and pop it on a chopping board.
- Cut the chicken into large chunks and place into a bowl along with your sweet chilli sauce and thoroughly coat the chicken.
- Toast the bread on each side and while still warm rub one side of each slice with garlic and pop them onto a plate.
- Put the salad leaves into a bowl along with the tomatoes peppers and basil leaves. Add the olive oil along with seasoning to taste and toss.
- Arrange the salad onto the bread, top with the chicken.
- Now sit down and imagine that the sun is on your face while you eat!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- I like to use low salt stock cubes.
- For anyone following older BC plans and are on Cycle 3 – if you don’t have bread in your plan you should enquire to see if you may have it added to your ingredients list. It’s unusual for it to be refused, but check first.