I love a minute steak because it cooks so quickly and even though I have no steak in the fridge I’ve found a way to make chicken quick and simple to cook without any difficult cooking techniques.
Quick, simple and tasty food is what I love.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast||95 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||46 g||onions, thinly sliced||80 g||avocado, sliced||1/2 tsp||dried oregano||6 g||olive oil||0.5||lemon||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||mixed salad leaves||salt and pepper|
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and allow to warm.
- Take your chicken breast and lay it on to a chopping board. I’m right handed so I have the pointed end to my right.
- Using a sharp knife, slowly cut the chicken into thin slices on the diagonal so that you have thin chicken steak (cutting from left to right).
- Repeat until you have cut all of your chicken into thin steaks.
- Arrange your chicken in the warmed frying pan and leave to cook for a few minutes until the chicken starts to turn white.
- At this point turn the chicken to brown the other side and leave for a few minutes.
- Add your sliced onion and cherry tomatoes to the pan along with the olive oil, a squeeze of lemon and the dried oregano.
- Give the pan a little shake to combine the ingredients.
- Arrange your salad leaves onto your plate before adding your chicken.
- Slice your avocado and arrange it on top of the chicken and drizzle your sweet chilli sauce over the chicken.
- Steady yourself for a quick meal!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!