A packed lunch doesn’t have to be boring, but finding a reduced carb lunch option on the High Street can be almost impossible so be prepared!
This lunch took just 10 minutes to make and was really tasty the next day.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|extra lean beef mince
|cheddar cheese, grated
|lime, juice only
|chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!
|mixed salad leaves
|reduced fat sour cream
|salt and pepper
- Put a medium frying pan onto the heat and when warm add the mushrooms to the dry pan with a little sprinkle of salt. This is going to help the mushrooms release their natural juices without the need to add any oil.
- Add the mince to a bowl and season to taste and take a few minutes to mix the seasoning thoroughly.
- Shape the patties and make them as thin as you can. This will help them to cook quickly too. Repeat until all of your burger mix has been used.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan and add the oil and the patties and leave to cook.
- Using a food blender, add the coriander and blitz until finely chopped.
- Remove half of the coriander and place in a bowl for later.
- Add the spring onion, chilli and garlic to the food blender and blitz again.
- Now add the avocado, tomato and lime juice, but this time pulse instead of full on blitzing. Do this until you’re happy with the texture.
- When the guacamole is ready, turn the patties over. The 1st side will by now have a lovely crust to it.
- While the 2nd side of the patties cook, mix the coriander with the reduced fat sour cream and a little black pepper. This is your salad dressing, and set aside.
- Arrange your spinach and salad leaved onto your plate, followed by the mushrooms and guacamole.
- When you’re happy that the patties are cooked, they will be firm to the touch when ready, sprinkle the top with the cheddar and cover the pan with a lid for a minute to allow the cheese to melt.
- When the patties are ready, arrange these onto your plate and don’t forget to drizzle the dressing on top!
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- Remember, the thicker the burger pattie, the longer they’ll take to cook.
- Burger patties are great batch prepared with the seasoning and frozen for another day!
- This is a great recipe that can be put together quickly and it doesn’t need reheating!
- Why not make another portion for another day.
- I like to batch prepare the guacamole, at least 2-3 portions at at time. When ready, weigh the final mixture and then divide it by the number of portions. Weigh out each portion into a container to refrigerate.
- For anyone following older BC plans, you will need to halve the amount of your cheddar and avocado to have both.