As a child, my first memory of cooking at school was making chocolate cornflake cakes and as adults we don’t seem to want to release our inner child by buying these.
This recipe is the adult protein version so it’s a great snack to fuel your workout or just to enjoy with a cuppa!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 8 servings
|150 g||multigrain protein flakes||30 g||unsalted butter||30 g||light agave syrup||50 g||70% dark chocolate||50 g||whey protein powder, chocolate flavour||3 tbsp||semi skimmed milk|
- Line a loaf tin with non stick foil. My loaf tin measured 12 x 5 inches.
- Put the butter, agave syrup and chocolate into a glass bow set over a pan of gently simmering water, (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water).
- Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Add the 1st half of protein powder to the melted mixture and mix it in thoroughly.
- Add the 2nd half of protein powder to the mixture and mix it in.
- At this point you’ll start to panic as the mixture will turn from liquid to solid but don’t worry!
- Add the milk a tablespoon at a time to loosen the mixture. It will be a lovely thick fudgy consistency.
- Add the multigrain flakes to the bowl and take a few minutes to coat the flakes in the chocolate mixture.
- When you’re happy that the flakes are coated, pour the flakes into your loaf tin and press down the mixture.
- Cover the tin with clingfilm and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- When the bar has set, remove the tin from the fridge, turn out the mixture onto a chopping board and cut into bars.
- How easy was that!
- I prefer to use unsalted butter.
- I use Natural Chocolate whey protein from Myprotein.
- The agave syrup I used is Biona Organic Light Agave Syrup.