I love noodles and I came across some rice noodles in the pantry.
They’re so delicate dried but they take on so much lovely flavour when mixed with vegetables and seasoning.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||52 g||peppers, cut into cubes||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1 inch||piece of ginger||95 g||babycorn||76 g||dried rice noodles||1 tsp||Chinese 5 spice seasoning||6 g||coconut oil||43 ml||soy sauce||149 g||broccoli|
- Put the chicken chunks into a bowl with the garlic, ginger and soy sauce and marinate them for a few minutes.
- Put a frying pan onto the heat and let it warm for a minute.
- Add the broccoli pieces with a little hot water and pop the lid on for a couple of minutes to allow them to steam.
- When they’re almost ready, add the babycorn and leave them for another minute.
- Remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Cook the rice noodles according to the manufacturers instructions, drain and set them aside.
- Put the frying pan back onto the heat and add the coconut oil.
- Add the chicken and any left over marinade and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the peppers and continue to stir fry the chicken and peppers until the chicken is cooked through, it will be firm to the touch when ready.
- Add the broccoli and babycorn to the pan and sprinkle the 5 spice seasoning over everything and carefully stir the ingredients to mix in the spices before adding the noodles to the pan along with a tablespoon of water as the pan maybe a little dry.
- Carefully incorporate the noodles into the other ingredients and when everything is thoroughly mixed pop everything onto a plate!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, soy sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, baby corn has been approved for used in place of carrots.
- For anyone following older BC plans baby corn has been approved for use in place of courgettes.
- You could use straight to wok noodles to make this recipe even quicker, just adjust the amount according to your dietary needs.
- Medium egg noodles also are lovely in this recipe
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!