Healthy eating and green leafy vegetables go hand in hand.
Spinach is one of those lovely greens which is packed full of nutrients but also wilts down to almost nothing.
I’ve been enjoying this recipe for many years, a legacy from my dad who loved his greens.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|149 g||spinach||3-6 g||olive oil||0.5||lemon, juice only||salt and pepper|
- Spinach is one of the easiest and quickest of the green to cook.
- To wilt spinach simply put a frying pan onto a medium heat and when it’s warm add the spinach.
- Use tongs to move the spinach leaves around the pan and you’ll see them wilt before your eyes!
- This method of cooking spinach results in a soft leaf with a little texture still to the stalk.
- When ready, put the spinach into a bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice and season to taste.
- Remember to alter the amount of olive oil for the recipe depending on the main meal this is to accompany. For this to work, it does need some olive oil.
- Boiling spinach or pouring boiling water over spinach in a colander will result in slimy spinach!