There are a few recipes that have been with me for as far as I can remember and this Warm Potato Salad with a Lemon, Mint and Garlic Dressing is one of them!
I’m quite particular when it comes to a potato salad and this recipe ticks all the boxes for me. As soon as the sun comes out, I’m all about salads, BBQ cooking and spending as much time as possible outdoors.
Ingredients for 6 servings
|1 kg||New potatoes|
|2||Garlic clove, crushed|
|1/2||Lemon, juice only|
|25 ml||Extra virgin olive oil|
|5g||Fresh mint leaves|
|Salt & pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Put a large saucepan onto the heat and fill with boiling water.
- Salt the water and add the potatoes and with the skins on.
- Simmer until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, you have lots of time to make the dressing!
- Blitz the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, mint leaves and a little seasoning to taste until it’s smooth.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and transfer them to your serving dish.
- While the potatoes are still warm, drizzle the dressing over the potatoes before you take a fork and gently crush each potato.
- Give the potatoes a quick toss to cover them in the delicious dressing!
- Make the dressing ahead of time and in larger quantities. It should last 2-3 days in the fridge.
- Feel free to use different herbs that you have readily available.