My turkey burrito is a delicious mix of your spiced leftover turkey and fresh new ingredients. Every bite highlights a delicious different ingredient until you’ve eaten it all!
Ingredients for 4 servings
|2||Tortilla Wraps (regular size)|
|10g||Spring Onion (chopped)|
|85g||Kidney Beans (tinned)|
|1/2 tsp||Dried Cumin|
|1/2 tsp||Smoked Paprika|
|1 tbsp||Tomato Ketchup|
|1||Lime (juice only)|
|Spray Olive Oil|
- Medium Frying Pan
- Kitchen Foil
- Put the frying pan onto a medium heat and add a couple of sprays of the oil.
- Add the turkey and sprinkle with the cumin and smoked paprika.
- Toss the turkey in the spices before adding the ketchup. This is going to make your turkey lovely and sticky!
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the rice, cucumber, spring onion, avocado and kidney beans to a bowl and squeeze over the lime juice.
- Stir this mixture before adding the sticky turkey to the bowl along with the torn coriander.
- Give the mixture one last stir before assembling the burrito.
- Place a piece of foil onto a baking sheet. It should be larger than your tortilla wrap.
- Fill the centre of the wrap with half of the mixture before wrapping the burrito and rolling the foil.
- Twist the ends of the foil to seal the burrito and repeat to make the second burrito.
- To serve, cut the burrito in half with a knife and peel back the foil.
- Get ready to zing!
- Don’t be tempted to prepare the avocado too soon as it will start to discolour. You need the lime juice to stop it from turning a murky colour.
- Feel free to use other beans instead of kidney beans. I just used what I had leftover!
- This dish is something you can prepare in advance and refrigerate.
- For this recipe I used regular white long grain rice.
- You could use 1 large tortilla wrap instead of regular sized ones. My supermarket doesn’t seem to stock the really large ones right now!