I do love a sandwich and sometimes I like to mix it up a little with the filling holding device (bread).
My toddlers love pitta bread and I decided to put my needs above theirs, so yes I stole their pitta bread.
I did however share my lunch with them so they weren’t too worried how mummy came to have pitta!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||tuna chunks in brine or spring water||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||95 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||6 g||olive oil||1||pitta, lightly toasted||23 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||salad leaves||0.5||lemon, juice only||black pepper|
- Open your tuna can, pour away any liquid and put the tuna into a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice and back pepper.
- Give the tuna a good stir.
- Arrange the tomatoes and spring onion on a plate.
- Take the lightly toasted pitta and cut it in half.
- Open a pitta pocket, stuff in some lettuce and top with tuna.
- Repeat for the other pitta pocket.
- Add the remaining salad leaves to the plate and if you have any tuna left pop it on top of the salad leaves.
- Add a dollop of sweet chilli sauce on the side and get stuck in!
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, tuna is a swap for chicken.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- For anyone following older BC plans and are on Cycle 3 – if you don’t have bread in your plan you should enquire to see if you may have it added to your ingredients list. It’s unusual for it to be refused, but check first.
- For anyone following older BC plans, tuna has been used instead of chicken.