Tuna is something that I love and I’ve really been missing a tuna melt of all things.
This is my reduced carb tribute to a really tasty sandwich and it’s something you can make the day before and is great for any time of the day!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|230 g||tuna chunks in brine or spring water||95 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||6 g||butter||1 tbsp||water||1-2 tsp||mustard, dijon||0.5||lemon, juice only||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||spinach||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Take a medium frying pan and pop it onto the heat.
- Add the butter and a tablespoon of water and wilt the spinach in the butter emulsion.
- You want to wilt it to the point where the leaves are wilted and there is still a little bite in stalks just to keep a little texture.
- Take an oven proof ceramic dish and line the bottom with the spinach.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan with a sprinkle of salt to help them realise their natural juices without the need for more butter.
- When these are cooked to your liking add these to the pot on top of the spinach along with any juices left in the pan.
- Now add the tomato halves on top of the spinach and mushrooms.
- Take your tuna, drain the brine as you don’t want soggy tuna and place it in a bowl with the mustard, lemon juice, reduced fat sour cream and a little black pepper.
- Using a fork combine the ingredients well and smooth the tuna mixture on top of your veggies.
- Sprinkle the top with the grated cheddar and bake in the oven until the topping is golden brown.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!