I love lasagne and so do all of you it seems.
The amount of pictures that I’ve seen online which are your versions of my Courgette Lasagne recipe is amazing and today I wanted to give you more of the same, but just a little different.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|230 g||tuna chunks in brine or spring water||95 g||courgette, cut on the diagonal into slices||95 g||chopped tomatoes, blended until smooth||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1/2 tsp||dried oregano||1/2 tsp||dried basil||6 g||olive oil||50 ml||water||66 g||mozzarella||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||green beans||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F.
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat, add the olive oil and the garlic.
- Allow this to soften for a minute or so.
- Add the blended tomatoes, dried herbs, water, sweet chilli sauce and the drained tuna.
- Give everything a good mix and bring this to the boil, then allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes to reduce and thicken the sauce.
- When you’re happy with the consistency of the sauce, taste it to check the seasoning and take it off the heat.
- Take a small oven proof ceramic dish and coat the bottom with some of the sauce.
- Add a layer of courgette, cover with more sauce and top with mozzarella.
- Repeat this until you’ve used all your ingredients.
- Bake this in the oven for 20-30 minutes to cook the courgette and to melt the mozzarella to a lovely golden brown.
- Steam the green beans to your liking and add it to your plate along with your lasagne.
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, tuna is a swap for chicken.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Traditionally in Italian cooking you would use the smallest pinch of sugar to take any acidity out of the tomatoes but for this recipe I am using the sweet chilli sauce to do that.
- To make the sauce go further, I like to blend my tomatoes until smooth.