If you’re going to have chocolate porridge oats, then lets make sure it’s as chocolaty as possible.
But I wonder, will you leave the porridge oats to sit so the dark chocolate starts to melt or will you dig in straight away?
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|50 g||porridge oats||25 g||whey protein powder, chocolate flavour||1 tsp||cacoa powder||15 g||70% dark chocolate|
- Pour the porridge oats into a small sauce pan and add enough water to cover the oats comfortably.
- Pop the pan onto a medium heat and start stirring.
- After a few minutes the water will come to boiling point and the oats will start to bubble.
- At this point turn the heat down and keep stirring.
- Cook out the porridge oats for a couple of minutes until they are lovely and thick.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the whey protein and cacoa powder using a wooden spoon vigorously mix in the protein powder until it’s been incorporated.
- Transfer the porridge oats to your bowl. Top with the dark chocolate pieces.
- I like to use jumbo oats, but regular porridge oats work great too.
- I’ve also made this recipe using a vegan pea protein with really great results.
- Don’t be tempted to use a high heat to speed up the cooking as you want the oats to release their sticky goodness.