I used to be a real tea and toast girl at breakfast time and I never used to get bored with it, so it amazes me that I’ve been having some lovely ‘alternative’ breakfasts and not reverted back to toast!
Making this with turkey instead of beef changes the dynamics of the meal and gives it a lighter aspect that really works at breakfast time, but don’t take my word for it!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|253 g||turkey thigh mince||116 g||mushrooms, sliced||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||3||whole eggs||3||egg whites||51 g||Thai red curry paste||0.5||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||6 g||coconut oil||0.5||lime, juice only||149 g||pok choi||salt & pepper|
- Put a frying pan onto the heat.
- Add all of your coconut oil to season the pan and pour away the melted oil into another frying pan ready for later.
- Now that the pan is seasoned whisk the whole eggs with the egg whites and pour into the frying pan to make a large pancake.
- Gently cook the egg so that you can see the egg has set, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Repeat until you’ve used all of your eggs.
- Steam the pok choi to your liking and set it aside.
- Put the frying pan with the remaining coconut oil onto the heat and when it is warm add the turkey mince and start to stir fry it.
- Break up any large lumps of mince as you continue to cook it, and when it’s almost cooked through add the mushrooms.
- After a few more minutes of stir frying the mince will have cooked through and the mushrooms will have softened.
- Add the Thai curry paste and stir fry for a further minute.
- Pop your Thai spiced mince onto your plate alongside the egg wraps and pok choi.
- Top with finely chopped spring onion along with a few slices of fresh chillies.
- Give everything a quick squeeze of lime to bring some extra zing to your breakfast!
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, use lean turkey or chicken breast mince.
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make egg wraps!
- Please note that just using 1 whole egg and 1 egg white I have made an egg wrap using a pan with a 22cm diameter.
- If you don’t have Thai red curry paste, you can use green if that’s what you have.
Find me on: Web