I have missed eating salad (never thought I’d say that in a million years) and I wanted to do something a little different other than serving a salad with the final dish, so instead it’s the serving implement instead!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, cut into fillet size pieces||46 g||onions, chopped||52 g||peppers, sliced||1-2 tsp||Thai 7 spice seasoning||6 g||coconut oil||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||0.5||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||80 g||avocado||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||0.5||lime, juice only||149 g||baby gem lettuce||salt and pepper|
- Peel your avocado and mash it with a fork in a bowl – it needs to be really ripe.
- When its mashed with a few lumps left in just to make the texture interesting add the crushed garlic, chopped chilli and a squeeze of lime.
- Give everything a good mix and set it aside to marinate.
- Take a medium frying pan and pop it on to the heat.
- Add the oil and chicken.
- Start to brown the chicken and after a few minutes add the peppers and onion.
- Sprinkle over the Thai 7 spice seasoning and give the ingredients a good stir to coat them with the spices.
- When you’re happy that the chicken is cooked (it will be firm to the touch), take the pan off the heat and sprinkle the coriander over the chicken.
- Arrange your baby gem lettuce leaves onto a plate and spoon the chicken mixture onto the lettuce.
- Serve with your guacamole and sour cream.
- If you can’t get hold of a baby gem lettuce, a romaine lettuce or chicory would work just as well!