I love pitta bread and originally I bought some in for the children to have at lunch.
But I decided my need was greater than theirs today and they tasted amazing filled with spiced mince.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|253 g||turkey breast mince||46 g||onions, cut into rings||52 g||peppers, cut into cubes||1 tsp||smoked paprika||2||pitta bread||1 tsp||ground cumin||6 g||olive oil||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||0.5||lime, juice only||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||1-2 tbsp||water||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||mixed salad leaves||salt and pepper|
- Put a medium frying pan onto the heat and add the turkey mince.
- Dry fry this for a few minutes to brown and when almost cooked add the spices and garlic along with the water as the pan may be a little dry.
- Thoroughly mix the spices into the mince and cook for a further 2-3 minutes to cook out the spices.
- When ready, add the chopped coriander and the lime juice, stir and set aside.
- Take small frying pan and pop it onto the heat with the oil.
- Add the onion and gently cook the rings for a few minutes until they start to colour. When they start to go golden brown take them off the heat.
- Toast your pitta to soften it and carefully cut it lengthways to form a pocket.
- Either hold the pitta or place it onto a taco stand and start to build your pitta pocket.
- First add the salad leaves, top with your spiced mince, sprinkle with some of the cubed peppers.
- Now add some onion rings and top with a little reduced fat sour cream.
- Repeat until you’ve used all of your ingredients and take your time to enjoy every mouthful!
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- For anyone following older BC plans and are on Cycle 3 – if you don’t have bread in your plan you should enquire to see if you may have it added to your ingredients list. It’s unusual for it to be refused, but check first.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!