I really enjoy the carb version of this recipe, but it’s easily adaptable for non training days when you want reduced carbs.
All the flavour and lovely stringy mozzarella too!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|283 g||cod loin||46 g||onions, chopped||95 g||chopped tomatoes||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||66 g||mozzarella||25 ml||sweet chilli sauce||30 ml||water||149 g||spinach||salt and pepper|
- Pre heat your grill to the highest setting.
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat, add the remaining oil, gently fry the garlic and onions for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, sweet chilli sauce and water.
- Bring to a rapid boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Season to taste and add the cod loin.
- Cover to poach the cod and after 5 or so minutes add the spinach to the pan to wilt.
- Add the mozzarella to the pan and pop under the grill to brown the mozzarella.
- When ready remove from the grill and serve.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Traditionally in Italian cooking you would use the smallest pinch of sugar to take any acidity out of the tomatoes but for this recipe I am using the sweet chilli sauce to do that.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!
- You can use frozen cod straight from the freezer instead of fresh.