Everywhere you look, someone is tucking into overnight oats.
They’re the new breakfast of choice for those on the go, there are many ways to flavour them and of course they can be easily prepared the night before just as the name suggests!
I just like to add a little healthy decadence to mine now and then!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|50 g||porridge oats||25 g||whey protein powder, vanilla flavour||1 tbsp||chia seeds||1 tbsp||oat bran||250 ml||almond milk, unsweetened||100 g||strawberries||30 g||Philadelphia cream cheese|
- Cut the strawberries into little cubes and set aside.
- Pour your almond milk into a blender, add your whey protein, cream cheese and blend until smooth.
- Place your oats, chia seeds and oat bran into your container – I like to use a large jam jar.
- Pour the wet mixture into the jar along with half of your strawberries and give everything a good stir.
- Cover the jar and place in the fridge overnight, but you can eat them after around 90 minutes.
- When you take the jar out of the fridge to eat them, remember to add the remaining strawberries on top.
- I like to use jumbo oats, but regular porridge oats work great too.
- I’ve also made this recipe using a vegan pea protein with really great results.
- Remember, you don’t have to wait overnight to have them. I’ve left mine for around 90 minutes and they were lovely!