Turkey isn’t just for Christmas, but turkey is such an under used source of protein, but it’s lean, relatively inexpensive and is great at taking on lots of flavour.
Why not try turkey this week!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||turkey breast, cut into chunks||95 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||1 tsp||cajun seasoning||6 g||coconut oil||80 g||avocado, cut into chunks||149 g||spinach||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||0.5||lime, juice only||salt and pepper|
- Place the cherry tomatoes, spring onion and avocado onto your plate.
- Put a non stick frying pan onto a medium heat and wilt your spinach.
- Add this to the plate and put the frying pan back onto the heat with the coconut oil.
- Add the turkey and start to stir fry it to seal the meat.
- After a couple of minutes sprinkle the cajun spices over the turkey and continue to stir fry it until cooked. It will be firm to the touch when cooked through.
- When you feel it’s ready, give it a squeeze of lime before adding it to your plate along with your sweet chilli sauce.
- If you can’t get hold of turkey breast, chicken breast works just as well.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!