I’m really enjoying lean cooking and one of my top tips to keep costs down was to use mince as much as possible.
Here’s another recipe that transforms your mince from something dull to something you’d like to eat again and again!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|176 g||turkey breast mince||1 inch||piece of ginger||46 g||onions||52 g||peppers||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||10 g||fresh coriander||2 inch||piece of lemongrass||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||6 g||olive oil||24 g||sesame seeds||149 g||kale||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line 2 baking sheets with non stick foil.
- Using a mini food processor blitz the ginger, onion, peppers, chilli, coriander, lemongrass and half of the sweet chilli sauce together to form a paste.
- Add half of the mince and give the mixture another good blitz.
- Combine your spiced mince with the remaining mince with your hands and start to form balls with wet hands.
- Place them on your lined baking tray ready for baking.
- These should take around 15-20 minutes to bake, depending on their size but keep an eye on them as the sugar in the sweet chilli sauce will make them caramelise very quickly.
- Approximately 10 minutes into baking the balls, put the kale or spinach onto the other baking sheet and drizzle with the oil and a little salt.
- Bake these in the oven until they are crispy but keep an eye on them as they can burn easily.
- When you feel the balls are ready (they will be firm to the touch) take them out of the oven.
- Plate up with the kale/spinach and the remainder of the sweet chilli sauce and sprinkle the sesame seeds over the sticky balls and crispy kale/spinach crisps.
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Swap the kale for spinach.