So here’s the thing.
I had a steak left over from a previous recipe and so I decided to make my husband a steak version of the chicken pizza I was making.
By all accounts it was a hit!
Most days it’s easy to make one meal for all, but sometimes it’s nice to be able to make little adjustments to a recipe and make something a little different.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|218 g||lean sirloin steak||2||large tortilla wraps||95 g||chopped tomatoes||6 g||olive oil||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||25 ml||water||1 tsp||dried oregano||23 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||spinach||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- In a frying pan add half the oil and throw in the garlic.
- After a minute add the chopped tomatoes, the water and the dried oregano.
- Give everything a good mix and bring to a rapid boil, then simmer for a couple of minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Take another frying pan, add the other half of the oil and cook your steak.
- Remember, the steak is going to be double cooked so you should undercook it in the pan so it can finish off in the oven (in the version I made, I flash fried each side to colour and it was still medium rare from the oven).
- When you feel the steak is ready, set it aside to rest and stir fry the spring onion and spinach.
- Season to taste.
- Take your tortilla, spread the sauce around the base as evenly as possible then top with the spinach and spring onion mixture.
- Slice your steak and arrange it around the pizza.
- Bake it in the oven for approx 10 minutes.
- The edges of the tortilla will brown slightly and the centre of the base will start to crispen.
- If it’s soggy, pop it back in the oven for a few minutes.
- Dollop the sweet chilli sauce over the steak and get stuck in!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Keep your steak lean by trimming all visible fat.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!