Recently I saw some pictures of a pizza someone had made with a cauliflower base.
Pizza made from cauliflower? You’ll never find that in Italy!
Could it be done? What on earth would it taste like.
Well I made it and loved it!
This recipe will take a little longer than my usual recipes, but if you get that pizza urge then I think it’s worth a go!
BUT be ready for a little jiggery pokery with ingredients!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267 g||chicken breast, chopped into chunks||52 g||peppers, sliced||46 g||onions, chopped||2||garlic cloves, chopped or crushed||1 tsp||smoked paprika||1 tsp||cayenne pepper||1 tsp||dried chilli flakes||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||1 tsp||dried oregano||1||egg white||66 g||mozzarella||149 g||cauliflower made into cauliflower rice||6 g||olive oil||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||10 g||coriander, chopped||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Using a food processor blitz the cauliflower until it resembles rice.
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat and dry fry the cauliflower for 2-3 minutes to help dry out the cauliflower.
- Pour the cauliflower into a bowl, add 1 crushed clove of garlic, the oregano, dried chilli flakes, half of the mozzarella, the egg white and season to taste.
- Give everything a really good mix to incorporate the ingredients.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture onto the baking sheet and use a pallet knife to flatten and shape your mixture into a circle and shape the edges so that they’re smooth.
- Oven bake the base for 10-15 minutes before checking. Cauliflower is quite a moist vegetable so as well as cooking the base you’re also drying it out.
- After the first check, turn the oven down to 180°C fan 375°F and cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
- While the base is cooking, put your frying pan back onto the heat with the oil, add peppers, onion and chicken and start to stir fry.
- Whilst that’s happening pop the remaining mozzarella on top of your pizza base.
- Going back to the chicken pan, add the remaining garlic clove, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and the chopped chilli.
- Continue to stir fry the mixture until the chicken is cooked.
- Check that your pizza base is golden brown and remove from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 10 minutes or so.
- You need the base to cool a little in order for it to come away from the baking sheet in one piece.
- When you’re happy with it, remove it from the baking sheet, pop it on a plate along with the chicken mixture and add a dollop of reduced sour cream.
- For anyone following older BC plans, you may occasionally have cauliflower in place of your green vegetables (gram for gram).
- Again for anyone following older BC plans, the base needs egg and cheese to bind so I have adjusted both amounts to be able to include them, please forgive me but it’s worth it!
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make broccoli rice as the method is the same for cauliflower.