On a shopping trip we picked up some lovely lean steaks and fajitas were calling to me. I love fajitas but I find I eat them quickly so to slow down the delivery I made a salad bowl out of it, so when I got to the end of my flour tortillas, I still had a lovely salad to finish!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|60g||peppers, cut into strips|
|40g||spring onion, finely chopped|
|80g||tomatoes, cut into wedges|
|1/2 tsp||cajun seasoning|
|1/2 tsp||dried chillies|
|2||flour tortillas, small|
|25g||reduced fat sour cream|
|6||pickled jalapeno slices|
|100g||mixed salad leaves|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Mix the cajun seasoning with the dried chillies before coating the steak. Set aside to infuse the steak with the lovely flavours.
- Arrange the small flour tortillas onto the side of your bowl and top with the mixed salad leaves, cucumber, spring onion and tomatoes.
- Put a medium frying pan onto the heat along with the oil.
- When the oil is warm add the pepper slices to soften and after a couple of minutes add the steak to the pan.
- Cook the steak to your liking and remove it from the pan and allow it to rest.
- Slice the steak into thin strips and place it on top of the salad with the peppers and any of the resting juices.
- Top the steak with the reduced fat sour cream and jalapeño slices and serve the lime wedge on the side.
- Feel free to change the spices and increase the dried chillies.
- If you can’t find small flour tortillas, 1 regular size tortilla will be a good substitute.
- I’ve used sirloin as it’s a lovely lean cut, but feel free to use other cuts if you’d prefer.