It’s embarrassing to say how late in life I came to love noodles.
Over the years I’ve seen how quick stir fry recipes are to make but it wasn’t until recently that I started experimenting with them.
There’s so much you can do to change the flavours, you really have a blank canvas to work with.
You’re only limited by your spice rack!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|460 g||raw king prawns||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||46 g||onions, chopped||67 g||babycorn, cut in half||6 g||coconut oil||1.5||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||1-2 tsp||mild curry powder||76 g||dried rice noodles||1||lime, juice only||20 ml||water||74 g||sugar snap peas||74 g||Chinese leaf||23 ml||sweet chilli sauce|
- Bring a pan of water to the boil.
- Add your noodles and cook them according to the manufacturers instructions.
- When cooked, add some cold water to the pan to stop them from over cooking, drain and set them to one side.
- Put a large frying pan onto a medium heat with the coconut oil, onions, chillies, garlic and prawns.
- Stir fry for a minute and add half of the curry powder to the pan.
- Give everything a good stir.
- Add the vegetables along with 20ml of water.
- Give everything a good stir and put a lid on for 2 minutes to cook/wilt the vegetables.
- After 2 minutes, take the lid off and check the prawns are cooked (they will be pink and firm).
- Add the remaining curry powder and mix before adding the cooked noodles to the pan.
- Give all the ingredients a good stir to incorporate the noodles, add the lime juice and plate up.
- Before you dig in, don’t forget to add the sweet chilli sauce.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, baby corn has been approved for used in place of carrots.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- For anyone following older BC plans, king prawns have been used instead of chicken.
- For anyone following older BC plans, baby corn has been approved for use in place of courgettes.
- Chinese cabbage/leaf works really well instead of broccoli.