This recipe is a training day version of my fajita recipe and instead of serving it with wraps I’ve gone with rice.
I always have rice in the pantry and I often decide to have this as a spur of the moment thing.
There’s something about fajita chicken that’s irresistible for me and I don’t let the fact that I don’t have any wraps stop me from enjoying them!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast, cut into thin strips||52 g||peppers, sliced||46 g||onions, sliced||6 g||olive oil||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||149 g||salad leaves||25 g||reduced fat sour cream||1 tsp||smoked paprika||1 tsp||cayenne pepper||1 tbsp||water||10 g||coriander, chopped||1||lime, juice only||6||pickled jalepeno slices||1||pouch of ready cooked rice (250g)|
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and put on to a medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for approx 4 minutes.
- Then add the peppers and onion and continue to cook until the vegetables have softened a little.
- Add the garlic and chillies before giving the ingredients a good stir.
- Now add the dried spices to the pan and give everything a good stir to coat the ingredients with the spices.
- Add the tablespoon of water at this point as the pan is likely to be a little dry.
- Heat up the rice in the microwave.
- Arrange the salad onto the plate.
- When you’re happy the chicken is cooked (it should be firm to the touch) pour the lime juice over the chicken and arrange the chicken mixture on top of the salad and add the rice to the plate.
- Top the chicken the chopped coriander and sour cream.
- If after adding the water you feel the pan is still a little dry, add a little more water instead of oil.
- If you’re feeling brave why not have a few jalapeno slices to add another note to the flavours!
- The pickled jalapeno slices I use contain no added sugar.