I love bread and this speedy recipe takes you from zero to delicious warm freshly made flatbreads in minutes!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|85 g||self raising flour, plus extra for dusting||40 g||chickpea flour||160 g||greek yogurt, full fat|
- Put a large frying pan or skillet onto a medium heat.
- Add the self raising and chickpea flour to a large bowl along with the greek yogurt.
- Use the blade of a table knife to mix the yogurt into the flour – this is going to get really sticky!
- After a minute the dough starts to form so before you go in with your hands, dust the work surface with some flour.
- Bring the dough together with your hands and when all the flour has been incorporated turn out the dough onto the floured work surface.
- Divide the dough in half or into quarters and shape into flatbreads.
- Add a flatbread to the warm pan and turn down the heat a little.
- After a couple of minutes the first side will be cooked so carefully turn it to cook the other side.
- Repeat until all of your flatbreads have been cooked.
- Serve with something delicious – like my Slow’n low chilli recipe!
- Feel free to use all self raising flour, just increase the overall amount to 125g.
- I made this recipe with full fat yogurt.