In the mood for chicken wings? You can make these in 35 minutes from some very simple ingredients.
There’s no need to order in tonight!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 6 servings
|500 g||chicken wings||35 g||greek yogurt, full fat||olive oil spray||75 g||panko breadcrumbs||50 g||cholula hot sauce||15 g||butter||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Prepare the chicken wings. Firstly, remove the tip. Using a sharp knife carefully cut through the joint and discard the tips.
- You’re left with the main part of the wing and to separate them use the knife to carefully cut through the joint and place the 2 pieces into a bowl.
- Repeat until you’ve prepared all of your wings.
- Coat the wing pieces with greek yogurt.
- Add the panko breadcrumbs to a plate and carefully coat both sides of the wing before placing it onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the wings have been coated with the breadcrumbs.
- Take the olive oil spray and spray each piece of chicken once with just one spray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until they’re cooked through. They should be firm to the touch when ready.
- Take a small sauce pan, add the cholula hot sauce and butter.
- Pop these onto a medium heat and after a couple of minutes the butter should have melted and the most wonderful sauce is ready!
- Arrange the wings into a bowl and either pour the sauce on or use it as a dip.
- I wouldn’t recommend you use any other type of breadcrumbs as panko are really light and work really well baked.
- I dare you to make a double portion this dish is so delicious!