I love an omelette but sometimes I want one that’s got a little more oomph to it and for a change I don’t mean adding loads of chillies to it.
This time I added some new potatoes that I boiled the night before along with some chickpeas that were in the fridge just chillin.
The end result was just delicious and so easy to make too!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|3||eggs, medium||70 g||chickpeas, drained||40 g||onion, finely sliced||70 g||peppers, cut into cubes||5 g||fresh coriander||6 g||olive oil||130 g||new potatoes, boiled and cut in half||100 g||mixed salad leaves||35 g||reduced fat sour cream||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F.
- Put a medium frying pan onto the heat and add the oil, followed by the onion and peppers.
- Cook these for a few minutes so that they soften a little.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan along with the sliced new potatoes and add a little seasoning to taste.
- If your frying pan handle would melt in the oven, transfer the vegetables to an oven proof dish.
- Finely chop the coriander and add them to a bowl along with the eggs and reduced fat sour cream.
- Take a minute to beat the eggs to combine the sour cream and beat in lots of air.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and bake until the egg has set and is golden brown. This could take approximately 15-20 minutes depending on the number of batches you are making.
- When the tortilla is ready, remove it from the oven and serve it with your mixed salad leaves.
- This is a really lovely and simple recipe that would be great for batch cooking several portions at once. Simply decide how many portions you would like to make, increase the ingredient amounts and divide it equally when finished.
- For such a small amount of new potatoes, tinned would work really well in this recipe.