Buying a platter of Italian or Spanish deli meats is a little treat and a little goes a long way, especially when you top a lovely grilled vegetable topped bruschetta with those meats.
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|50 g||Spanish deli meats||40 g||spring onion, finely chopped||60 g||aubergine||90 g||courgette||60 g||tomatoes, cut into wedges||5 g||fresh basil||1||slice of bread||15 g||extra virgin olive oil||2.5||sprays of oil||60 g||rocket||salt and pepper|
- Put a griddle pan onto a high heat.
- Thinly slice the aubergine and courgette.
- Spritz the griddle pan with the spray oil before adding the courgette and aubergine slices.
- Chargrill on both sides and remove from the pan when ready.
- Place the bread onto the griddle pan and chargrill both sides and add to your plate.
- Pop the tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, spring onion and rocket into a salad bowl along with the olive oil.
- Roughly chop the chargrilled aubergine and courgette slices and add them to the salad bowl with a little seasoning to taste.
- Mix everything thoroughly before arranging it on top of the chargrilled bread.
- Top with the Spanish deli meats and enjoy!
- Feel free to use any deli meats of your choosing!
- I like to use good bread like a sourdough as the bread is as much of a star in this recipe as the meats!
- The aubergine and courgette can be oven roasted ahead of time if that’s more convenient.