I love rice but I don’t seem to have much of it to eat at the moment for some strange reason!
This is one of those recipes you can make quickly and reheat the following day.
The flavour combinations are endless but this one really hits the spot!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||76 g||uncooked basmati rice||52 g||peppers, cut into cubes||46 g||onions, chopped||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1 tsp||smoked paprika||6 g||coconut oil||1 tsp||dried chilli flakes||0.5||lime, juice only||5 ml||fish sauce||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||149 g||broccoli||28 g||thai green curry paste|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F
- Sprinkle the smoked paprika to both sides of the chicken breast and wrap in foil – this will keep the juices in while baking.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked and set aside.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the rice according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Chop the broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- 5 minutes before the rice is cooked add the broccoli to cook with the rice.
- When the rice and broccoli are ready, pour some cold water into the pan to stop the rice and broccoli from over cooking, drain and set aside.
- Take a frying pan and add the coconut oil.
- Add the peppers and onion and let them soften for a few minutes.
- Next add the garlic, dried chillies and thai green curry paste and stir to incorporate the ingredients.
- Let this cook out for around 5 minutes.
- When the chicken is baked, cut it into small pieces and add it to the pan along with its juices.
- Coat the chicken in the mix and take it off the heat.
- Add the rice and the broccoli to the pan.
- Then using 2 spoons toss the rice and broccoli into the chicken mixture gently. You don’t want the rice to start breaking down.
- Add the lime juice, fish sauce and toss again before adding the coriander.
- You can use pre cooked rice, just use the appropriate amount.