I have this habit of buying large bags of avocado, they then sit in the fridge and I have to spend a couple of days waiting for an avocado to ripen in the fruit bowl.
Despite that, I do love a creamy avocado and it’s still somewhat of a treat.
This week I made sure to have some avocados ready in the fruit bowl.
I only hope I did it some justice by including it into this recipe.
It was lovely!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|154 g||smoked salmon||95 g||cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||80 g||avocado, cut into chunks||6 g||olive oil||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||10 g||chives, snipped + 2 strands of chives for garnish||0.5||lemon, juice only||149 g||spinach||salt and pepper|
- Wilt the spinach in a warm frying pan and rest it on some kitchen paper to catch any excess liquid.
- After a few minutes, put the wilted spinach into a small bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice and season to taste.
- Using a scone ring as a mould, arrange the wilted spinach salad and press down.
- Some liquid will drain onto the plate, just use some kitchen paper to mop up as you go.
- Mix the tomato and spring onion together, then add them to the mould to create the next layer.
- Leave the mould in place.
- Put a slightly smaller scone ring on the tomato layer and start to arrange the smoked salmon.
- Again leave the mould in place and top with a smaller mould and arrange the avocado.
- Press the avocados down, mop up any more liquid that’s leaked onto the plate.
- Slowly start to remove the larger mould, and then remove the smaller moulds gently and the high rise should stay in place.
- Balance the 2 chive strands on top and add a dollop of reduced fat sour cream on the side and top with the snipped chives.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, Smoked salmon is a swap for salmon fillet. Simply increase your salmon fillet amount by 30% to determine the appropriate Smoked salmon amount.
- This recipe is also great served as a starter.