When I bought the first Lean in 15 book by The Body Coach I decided to buy some wasabi powder to make one of the recipes and every time I open the door to my pantry the container just begs me to get it out and use it.
This recipe is now what I use wasabi powder for and I love it!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|253 g||turkey thigh mince||46 g||onions, cut into a 5mm slice and left whole||95 g||cherry tomatoes||1 tsp||mustard, dijon||1-2 tsp||wasabi powder||6 g||olive oil||365 g||new potatoes||25 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||mixed salad leaves||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Cut your new potatoes into wedges or chips, pop them in a bowl with a little sprinkling of salt and half of the olive oil.
- Toss the potatoes to thoroughly coat them before popping them onto the baking sheet and bake them until they are cooked to your liking.
- Pop your mince into the bowl the potatoes were seasoned in, add the mustard and wasabi powder and take a minute to mix the seasonings in with your hands – it’s a messy business!
- Take a medium frying pan and pop it on a medium heat and add the remaining oil.
- Use wet hands form the mince into burger patties but remember the thicker the pattie the longer it will take to cook.
- Add the patties to the frying pan along with the slice of onion and gently cook them until the burger is cooked through and the onion has caramelised.
- When everything is ready, pop it on your plate along with the mixed salad leaves, top with the cherry tomatoes and your sweet chilli sauce.
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, use lean turkey or chicken breast mince.
- For anyone following older BC plans, make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Remember, the thicker the burger pattie, the longer they’ll take to cook.
- Batch prepare the patties and freeze other portions for another day.