If you’re a fan of the Build-up Bagel from the old 90 Day plan like me, it’s highly likely that you’re going to have a stash of deli-meats in the fridge that needs using up.
This mushroom based version will see you through those reduced carb days and it’s still a monster to behold.
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|80 g||deli sliced turkey||80 g||deli sliced beef||116 g||portobello mushrooms||95 g||tomatoes||6 g||olive oil||80 g||avocado, sliced||1||whole egg||149 g||spinach||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||salt and pepper|
- Wilt the spinach in a warm frying pan and set it aside.
- In the same frying pan add the portobello mushrooms with the olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Cook for approx 2 minutes per side until cooked.
- Cook your egg to your liking. I soft poached it for a few minutes, but you can dry fry or soft boil it too, it will taste the same!
- Start to build, bottom layer is 1 mushroom, top with your deli turkey, next the tomatoes, top with the deli beef, add the sweet chilli sauce, top with the sliced avocado, then the wilted spinach, then the egg and finally the other mushroom as a lid.
- It’s a beast but quick to put together.
- This recipe totally works with just the one variety of deli meat. I often swap the turkey for chicken.