My tasty chilli recipe is ready in minutes, full of flavour and as spicy as you want to make it!
Give it a try, and if you want to make this in your slow cooker check out the tips in the recipe notes.
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|218 g||extra lean beef mince||76 g||dried brown basmati rice||26 g||peppers, sliced||23 g||onions, sliced||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||1 tsp||smoked paprika||1 tsp||ground cumin||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||95 g||chopped tomatoes, blended until smooth||6 g||olive oil||25 g||reduced fat sour cream||0.5||beef stock cube||100 ml||water||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||5||pickled jalepeno slices||149 g||broccoli||salt and pepper|
- Put a sauce pan onto the heat, fill with boiling water and a pinch of salt.
- Cook your rice according to the manufacturers instruction and once cooked, add a some cold water to the pan to stop the rice from over cooking.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Steam your veggies until they are cooked to your liking.
- Using a mini food processor, blitz the peppers and onions as much as possible.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and put on a medium heat.
- Add the onion and pepper mixture and cook on a medium heat for 2 minutes, be careful not to let them colour too quickly.
- Add the beef mince and brown until cooked through.
- Add the garlic, smoked paprika, cumin and chilli and thoroughly coat the beef.
- Sprinkle the stock cube over the beef and add the water and stir.
- Add the smooth tomato mixture, give everything a good stir and leave to simmer for a few minutes so that the water can reduce and the sauce thicken.
- When the sauce has thickened, arrange your rice and veggies onto the plate to one side and add the beef mixture to the other side.
- Top with the chopped coriander, jalepeno peppers and the sour cream.
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- For anyone following older BC plans, you’ll notice that this recipe features 3 items from the vegetable list, therefore amounts of 2 have been halved so as not to affect the macros. Because you need peppers, onion AND tomatoes to make this recipe work, you have to halve the peppers and onion in order to have the full tomato allowance to create a sauce.
- This is a great recipe to make in your slow cooker. Just change the mince beef for extra lean stewing steak (the steak is much easier to trim any visible fat from) and make multiple batches to get the volume of liquid to cover the ingredients in the pot, and if needed add a little more water. Follow the method up to the point where you leave the chilli to simmer to reduce the sauce and transfer it to your slow cooker. I like to prep this in the morning and leave it to cook all day.
- The pickled jalapeno slices I use contain no added sugar.
- This recipe can also be made using ready cooked rice. Adjust the amount according to your dietary needs.
- An alternative serving suggestion is to leave out the rice and serve your chilli with new potato chips. Who wouldn’t want to dip their chips into the chilli!
- I like to use low salt stock cubes.