I’m all to aware that my plate is a little green at times and I wanted to come up with a way to liven up my plate and exciting my taste buds at the same time.
I love red cabbage and when I’m out I’m instantly drawn to food that includes red cabbage, yet at home it rarely makes an appearance other than at Christmas!
This new way of eating red cabbage is great to liven up my plate and improve my gut health too because I like to use raw unpasteurised apple cider vinegar.
For more details check out the notes section.
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 4 servings
|250 g||red cabbage, finely sliced||80 g||onion, finely sliced||100 g||carrot, grated||2 pinch||sugar||1 tbsp||apple cider vinegar||salt and pepper|
- In a large bowl add the red cabbage, onion and carrot.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper along with the sugar and give everything a good mix.
- Although you can serve the slaw after only 30 minutes, I find it’s really lovely after about an hour or so.
- This should keep in the fridge for a few days.
- I like to use an unpasteurised raw apple cider vinegar for it’s gut health properties, but you can use regular.