With lean beef mince regularly appearing on my meal plan I wanted to do something different. Quick, full of flavour and spicy! With all boxes ticked, all you have to decide is what to serve with your koftas.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|360g||extra lean beef mince|
|100g||onions, thinly sliced|
|1/2 tsp||garlic powder|
|salt & pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Take the chilli and cut slices for the garnish and add the rest (with or without seeds it’s up to you) into the blender along with the spring onion.
- Reserve a few strands of coriander for the final garnish and add the remaining coriander (including stalks) into the blender and blend until finely chopped.
- Add the minced beef to the blender along with seasoning to taste and the garlic powder.
- Blend for a minute to thoroughly mix everything together.
- Split the mixture evenly 4 ways before shaping onto skewers.
- Arrange the sliced onion onto the baking sheet and top with the kofta skewers and bake until they’re cooked through.
- Serve the kofta on top of the softened onion and garnish with the chilli slices and coriander strands – delicious!
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 6% of fat per 100g.
- If you’re using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to stop them burning in the oven.