With lean beef mince regularly appearing on my meal plan I wanted to do something different.
Quick, full of flavour and spicy!
With all boxes ticked, all you have to decide is what to serve with your koftas.
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 2 servings
|360 g||extra lean beef mince||50 g||spring onion||1.5||chilli||10 g||fresh coriander||100 g||onions, thinly sliced||1/2 tsp||garlic powder||salt & pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Take the chilli and cut slices for the garnish and add the rest (with or without seeds it’s up to you) into the blender along with the spring onion.
- Reserve a few strands of coriander for the final garnish and add the remaining coriander (including stalks) into the blender and blend until finely chopped.
- Add the minced beef to the blender along with seasoning to taste and the garlic powder.
- Blend for a minute to thoroughly mix everything together.
- Split the mixture evenly 4 ways before shaping onto skewers.
- Arrange the sliced onion onto the baking sheet and top with the kofta skewers and bake until they’re cooked through.
- Serve the kofta on top of the softened onion and garnish with the chilli slices and coriander strands – delicious!
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 6% of fat per 100g.
- If you’re using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to stop them burning in the oven.