I love tacos, but often find the taco shell delicate and prone to breaking.
Soft tacos are lovely, light and extremely under used.
Small tortilla wraps are ideal for this recipe and a taco stand comes in handy too!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast||4||flour tortillas, small||46 g||onions, diced||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||95 g||cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters||6 g||olive oil||1 tsp||smoked paprika||0.5||chicken stock cube||4||pickled jalepeno slices||25 g||reduced fat sour cream||149 g||salad leaves, shredded||1||lime wedge||200 ml||boiling water||salt and pepper|
- Take a small sauce or frying pan with a lid, add enough water to cover the chicken breast and dissolve the stock cube.
- When dissolved, add the chicken breast and gently poach until cooked.
- The chicken will be cooked when it’s firm to the touch.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and pop it on a chopping board.
- Shred or pull the chicken into stringy pieces with a fork and spoon.
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat, add the oil along with the diced onion.
- When the onion has started to soften, add the chicken, garlic and smoked paprika and give everything a good stir.
- After a couple of minutes your chicken will be ready so it’s time to start building your tacos.
- If you have a taco stand like I have, this will make life a lot easier, but without one you can still build them and stack them on your plate.
- Line your taco rack with a soft tortilla.
- Arrange shredded lettuce across the bottom, followed by tomato pieces and add some of the shredded chicken.
- Then top with a dollop of reduced fat sour cream and a jalapeño or two.
- Before you tuck in, give your taco a spritz of lime for some extra zing!
- If you have a taco stand you can probably prep all your tacos, but if you don’t then just lean the filled tacos on a plate next to each other and get ready to dig in!!
- I like to use low salt stock cubes.
- The pickled jalapeno slices I use contain no added sugar.
- For anyone following older BC plans and are on Cycle 3 – if you don’t have bread in your plan you should enquire to see if you may have it added to your ingredients list. It’s unusual for it to be refused, but check first.
- The image shows the tacos garnished with grated cheese, however this isn’t something I’d normally have on a training day so it’s not included in the recipe.