I’m really starting to love bun-less burgers, and who’s to say that a burger has to be made from minced beef!
I love mushrooms and they make great burger buns!
I stumbled across some mini portobello mushrooms this week and they’re perfect for this recipe for sliders!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|230 g||tuna chunks in brine or spring water||116 g||mushrooms, mini portobello||95 g||cherry tomatoes||39 g||cheddar cheese, grated||6 g||olive oil||149 g||mixed salad leaves||46 g||reduced fat sour cream||salt and pepper|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Arrange the mushrooms upside down onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before baking them for around 5 minutes.
- Place your tuna in a bowl with the cheddar, reduced fat sour cream and some pepper.
- Give everything a good mix to combine.
- When the mushrooms have had 5 minutes in the oven, take them out and spoon some of the mixture into 1 half of each slider.
- Try to add a golf ball size amount and then bake for 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- When you’re happy with the tuna mix take the mushrooms out of the oven, pop them onto a plate and top with the other half of the slider.
- Add your tomatoes to the plate along with the salad leaves.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the salad leaves and serve with the sliders.
- If you’re struggling to find mini portobello mushrooms, then large closed cup mushrooms will be fine with the stalks removed.
- For anyone following 2018 BC plans, tuna is a swap for chicken.