I love a burger and when I’m out I’ll order a bunless burger.
Burgers if made fresh should be treated as well as the best steak you can afford.
So take time to season it well and cook it with love.
Here’s a lovely way to have your burger bun and eat it!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|176 g||extra lean beef mince||116 g||mushrooms, mini portobello||66 g||mozzarella||1 tsp||dried sage||1 tsp||smoked paprika||1/2 tsp||onion granules||95 g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half||10 g||fresh basil leaves, chopped||25 ml||sweet chilli sauce||10 ml||american mustard||6 g||olive oil||149 g||spinach||salt and pepper|
- Place the mince into a bowl and add the dried sage, smoked paprika and onion granules along with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Give this a thorough mix with your hands and put to one side.
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat add the mushrooms.
- Give them a little sprinkle of salt and cover with a lid. These should take only a couple of minutes to cook as they are quite small. When they are cooked, place these to one side.
- Cut the mozzarella into small cubes. Reserve half to stuff into the burger patties and the rest will be for the tomato side salad.
- Wet your hands and divide your mixture into 4-6 patties.
- Take one of the patties, place it in the palm of your hand and flatten it. Place a mozzarella cube in the centre and wrap the mince mixture around it to cover.
- Repeat this for all patties.
- Put the mushroom pan back onto a medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Once warm, add the burger patties and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side until cooked. In this time, the meat will cook (it will be firm to the touch when cooked through) and the cheese will have started to ooze.
- Arrange the mushrooms on a plate, add some sweet chilli sauce to the mushroom, top with a pattie, add some mustard to the pattie and top with the remaining mushroom.
- Add the spinach to the plate, top with the sliced tomatoes and remaining mozzarella and sprinkle over the basil.
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!